Hand in Hand is an NGO (non-governmental organization) and their mission is to reduce poverty and child labour through sustainable job creation that raises family income. They do so through social and economic empowerment of some of the poorest and most marginalised people and focus particularly on women.
Raising family income contributes to greater food security, better education for children, better housing and increased access to medicines and healthcare. By focusing on strengthening women, their children and the entire family are benefitted and gain a better life.
Hand in Hand's work model is based on a help to self-help approach by equipping poor people with the knowledge and skills needed to gain better livelihoods in order to lift themselves out of poverty.
Learn more about Hand in Hand
Village Uplift Program
Starting in January 2016, Bona supports Hand in Hand's Village Uplift Program in India where Hand in Hand for two years, with the help of our donation, are implementing a number of self-help activities in a particular village. After two years, Hand in Hand will leave the village and the villagers shall continue and sustain the business and activities started.
Actions and implementations
- Training and education of women
All children in school
Upgrading of schools and orphanages
Ongoing health surveys of all the villagers
Improved hygiene facilities and waste disposal
Democracy / IT center
Please contact us if you have questions concerning our village project or our partnership with Hand in Hand
Concistent with our Code of Conduct and core values
Bona chose to engage in Hand in Hand's operations partly because it is consistent with two of our four core values; concern and innovation.
Conducting our business
At Bona, we always conduct our business professionally and with high ethical standards. We comply with all relevant laws and regulations applicable to our business in the countries where we operate, and seek to avoid any actions that may put our reputation at risk.
• We believe in fair competition and all Bona products shall be marketed and sold openly and honestly on the basis of their specific attributes. We shall not enter in any agreements with competitors regarding pricing, market sharing, or similar activities.
• We shall not offer or accept any form of gift, benefit, personal favour or entertainment unless such courtesies are of modest value, clearly consistent with customary business practices, and cannot reasonably be interpreted as a bribe.
• We must avoid situations where our personal interests may conflict with the best interests of Bona. This means that we shall not engage in any activity that impairs our job performance or interferes with our loyalty towards Bona. This may include financial interests in Bona's competitors, suppliers or customers, or outside employment that creates a conflict of interest. All potential conflicts of interest shall be disclosed to Bona management.
• We shall maintain accurate and complete business records in full compliance with all applicable standards. All business transactions must be verifiable and reported in a correct and non-misleaading manner.
Download our Code of Conduct
Hand in Hand's approach to job creation