- Remove all the furniture, carpets and curtains from the room.
- Only remove skirting board if you are able to without damaging the wall. It is normally best to leave them.
- Check for protruding nails. Tap them in using a hammer.
- Glue or fix loose parquet blocks. Look close to radiators or where there has been previous water damage.
- Sweep or vacuum the floor to remove loose debris.
Tip: It’s best to paint or wallpaper before renovating the floor. This will minimize the risk of damage to your freshly renovated floor.