The Swedish company, Bona has decided to take one further step on the market by streamlining, clarifying and strengthening their brand. Bona is an international company operating in a niche market, focusing on wooden floors. The company offers a complete product range for the entire lifetime of wooden floors, with a high level of service under one brand name – Bona. The key to be active in a highly competitive market is to build a strong brand and to strengthen our unique identity, says President and CEO and Kerstin Lindell. Bona has been focusing on wooden floors ever since the start in 1919, and now the company wants to emphasize this with their new tagline, Passion for wood floors.
- Bona is working with a brand strategy where the company logo – Bona – is profiled as the only brand, says Kerstin Lindell. In action, this now means that we change our company name from BonaKemi to Bona and remove the “X” from our logo.
Looking closely you can see that the “X” actually constitutes from a “B” and a K for Bonakemi, but this has been undiscovered by most people.
- While developing a new creating concept we evaluated our logo. When learning that the “X” was percepted as a negative symbol in many countries, we decide to exclude it from our logo.
According to Kerstin Lindell there are many advantages to work with a single strong brand. Bona is the only company in the business that offers everything from oil, finishes and UV-finishes to sanding machines and floor care products for wooden floors under one brand.
- We are communicating with many target groups, such as flooring contractors, architects and floor owners, and it would require significant financial resources and a large organization to build several global brand names for every product group, says Kerstin Lindell.
One brand name creates strong relations to the customers
– One single brand optimizes our investments in the marketing communication. Our mono brand strategy also strengthens our competitive edge by creating maximum impact on our communication, as well as to create a clear profile and identity, says Kerstin Lindell.
– Our brand is built on our core values: to show respect, concern, at the same time as we are professional and innovative. These are the concepts and qualities to be associated with the brand and which will be communicated within and outside Bona. These are the characteristics that we want to be associated with. The core values will also confirm the identity of Bona and create pride in all of us who work at Bona. The Bona brand is one of the core assets of our company. It represents who we are and what we do, says Kerstin Lindell.
- Our foundation has always been research and development. Through our long commitment and constant search for innovation our products have continuously provided reliable solutions at the forefront of development. We always innovate with a longer, sustainable perspective in mind, to develop products that meet and often exceed health and environmental requirements. We are specialized experts and our passion is wooden floors. Now we are clearly communicating this, says Kerstin Lindell.
Bona’s new tagline - Passion for wood floors mirrors Bona’s focus and expertise within wooden floors.
– And at the same time it communicates our mission ”Bringing out the best in wooden floors”. Our passion for wooden floors permeates everything we do, says Kerstin Lindell.
And now Bona is investing to strengthen their brand. The launch starts within the company during summer and the market communication will start during autumn 2008. The new logo will be phased in during 2009.
Bona is working on different markets with various target groups, from architects to floor owners.
Bona’s brand position is:
• Leading company for wooden floor treatment.
• World leading in innovation in our business.
• Global company with local presence.
• Committed to wooden floors for their entire lifetime.
• A full range for wooden floors.
• Experienced with case proofs (references).
• Develop products that fulfils and often exceed environmental demands.
For more information:
Kerstin Lindell, President and CEO
Phone: + 46 40 38 73 73. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Agneta Weimarsson, PR and internal Communication Manager.
Phone: + 46 40 38 73 63. Email: email@example.com
Camilla Bark, Global Brand Manager.
Phone: + 46 40 38 55 19. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bona AB is a family owned company established in 1919. The headquarter is situated in Malmö, Sweden. Bona’s business concept is to provide products for installation, maintenance and renovation of wooden floors throughout their life span. Bona is the market leader in finishes and surface treatment with global sales and subsidiaries in 17 countries. The group employs some 500 people world wide and the turnover in 2006 was130 million Euros. www.bona.com